Monday, October 1, 2007

ALANA FASHION SHOW

Asian Latin American Native American (ALANA) put on this fashion show every year...it's suppose to bring all the cultures together. It really does work too there were so many different people who showed their support at the show. Kate and I obviously aren't in that club, but one of the directors asked us to help them out. Her name is CeCe...when she came into our room, I had just gotten out of the shower. She told me to put on my black heels and walk down the hallway (meanwhile I was still in my towel) ... all I have to say is thank gosh no boys were walking to their rooms or I would have been wicked embarrassed.

So one of the first scenes of the show was "What Not To Wear" and the girls who walked down the run way were hilarious...
This pic is from the "Evening Wear" scene. I thought it was really cool because you can see me posing at the front of the stage before I walk...and in the screen you can see Kate posing at the end of the runway.

This is Kate and I walkin' down the runway during our "Soho" scene.
This is another "Evening Wear" pic. Kate and I are standing with our R.A. (residence attentant) her name's Maggie and she lives next door. This pic was takin after the "Latino" scene, after the girls danced.
One of the scenes is called "Special Designer". I was sooo excited to be in it because it's the only scene of the show where an actual designer brings in clothes from her shop for us to wear. The pencel skirt was sooo comfy I wanted to take it home. She had all the models for her scene wear glasses and some even carried a book. Mine were unfortunately wicked thick and kept sliding down my nose.
This is one of my best friends, Alicia, and Nester who's on the cheerleading team with me! They dance with CeCe and her parter before the "Evening Wear" scene and it was sooo good. The pic is the opening pose before the dance starts and everyone went crazy. It was two couples who danced to the song "Bed" by J. Holiday...download it!

This was the last scene of the show....it was "Bodypainting". A man actually came in and spray painted these girls. They're wearing boy shorts underwear, but that's pretty much it.

This is the only picture I have of me walkin without Kate...Mom still needs to uploads the ones she took...hint hint :) There were two foreign exchange students from Brazil who came to help out with the fashion show...so we asked them to do our make up! This is Kate! I wish that I could have gotten a picture of every scene. There were carribean dances, african dances who also modeled afterwards, an asian scene, and a "Bad B**** Pumps" scene where the girls all bought white high heels and decorated them with glitter and all different colors. All in all...it was wicked fun and I really hope Kate and I can be a part of the second one in May.

1 comment:

acl said...

The show looks like it was amazing - finally some pictures to see. ps your hot!